A letter from YWCA Regina CEO, Melissa Coomber-Bendtsen
March 13, 2020
Dear YWCA Friends:
Thank you for your ongoing support of YWCA Regina. It is a privilege and honour to serve our communities, both here in Regina and across the province.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and to ensure the ongoing health and well-being of children, families, participants, staff, and community members, the YWCA is enacting the following procedures, effective immediately:
- If anyone in your household exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, please do not access YWCA services in person and call 811;
- The YWCA will be enacting additional daily cleaning procedures of all high frequency contact areas;
- Following recommendations for prevention procedures from Public Health of Canada;
- Posting additional signage to encourage good hygiene and hand washing;
- Cancelling all non-essential public outings and events for participants;
- Regular staff who are feeling unwell will be permitted to remain home.
As we do always, YWCA Regina will continue to conform to all legislated precautions and best practices, including the Saskatchewan Childcare Act and Regulations, Saskatchewan Shelter Regulation as well as the provincial guidelines for Communicable Disease Prevention.
Childcare and Before & After School: At this time all services remain open and we will be following recommendations from the Ministry of Early Learning and Education moving forward. Please contact Tara Molson, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions or concerns.
Housing: For those who use our housing and shelter programs, please contact Cora Sellers, email@example.com, if you have any questions or concerns. We will work with you to ensure:
- You have sufficient supplies should you be required to stay in your room;
- You have access to mental health and phone supports;
- You have access to your medications.
We will continue to provide housing, shelter and housing support on a continual basis and ask that you advise us immediately if you are feeling unwell, have travelled, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
YWCA Children’s Housing: We will continue to provide housing and support for children and families and will take the necessary precautions as outlined by Public Health of Canada. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Randy Lundy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Programs: At this time, all programs remain open although modifications may be made to increase social distancing and prevent the likelihood of transmission. Please contact Tara Molson, email@example.com, if you have any questions or concerns.
Donations and Volunteers: YWCA Regina will advise all volunteers if/when we are unable to open. Please let your staff contact know if you’re unable to attend any shifts. At this time, YWCA Regina is accepting donations.
We will continue to update our community via our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and website.
Thank you again for your continued support of YWCA Regina.
CEO – YWCA Regina
Click here for a printable PDF version of this letter